Mississippi: The Official Stance for Construction
Construction Status: Essential
The non-essential businesses have been suspended in the state but construction is considered to be exempt. Along with this, statewide shelter in place orders has been announced while a resolution was passed for the city of Oxford in which stay at home orders were released.
On July 6, 2020, Governor Reeves has announced extension to the Safe Return Order. Also, Governor Reeves have announced new social distancing measures for 13 counties to protect public health on July 10, 2020.
October 2020 Update: According to the Safe Return orders issued by Governor Reeves, wearing a face mask is an essential. Here are some guidelines which businesses need to follow as a part of safe return planning of the Mississippi state:
- Implement screening protocols of employees at the beginning of shifts.
- Send sick employees home and encourage sick employees to remain at home.
- Limit customers to 75% of the business’ capacity.
- Require that appropriate PPE be worn by all employees while at work.
- Adopt measure to ensure social distancing for customers.
- Adopt and enforce hand-washing measures.
- Frequently clean high-contact surfaces.
- Make hand sanitizer available to all customers at points of entry and throughout the business; and
- Post prominent signage regarding social distancing and symptoms of COVID-19.
Governing Body: Office of Governor Tate Reeves